About a kilometer outside Ierissos, the medieval Tower of Kruna has been welcoming visitors to the area for about 700 years. Built at the beginning of the 14th century, it was the property of the (Serbian) Monastery of Chelandari on Mount Athos, which sold it in 1569, acquired it again, and from 1719 kept it in its possession until the beginning of the 20th century. The tower was used for the supervision and protection of the monastery's share in the area, which included a house, a barn, stables, vineyards, a winery, an olive grove, and a mill. The square tower, with sides of seven meters and a current height of just over thirteen meters, is kept in good condition. In the past, there was at least one more floor, which has collapsed, as well as most of the fortification with walls, parts of which are preserved today (about 40 meters long and 2.5 meters high). Materials from the adjacent archeological sites were used for its construction. The Tower of Ierissos was named "Kruna" from the Serbian word for "korona" and is a protected monument.