The Tower of Stavronikita on the hill of Sani has been in the area for almost 600 years. Built in the late 14th or early 15th century, it was used as a fortification for the area of the Mount Athos Monastery of Stravonikita, founded in 1543, around the pre-existing tower. It is preserved in a quite good condition and has a height of 10 meters on the west and 12 meters on its east side.
The tower has a rectangular plan, with dimensions of 7.45 x 6.20 meters. It was built as a three-storey building, with a strong structure, while on its upper part ramparts and crenels were created, as it functioned as a fortress for protection from pirates, as well as the dozens of towers of the time in Halkidiki.
In modern times, it is a great attraction in one of the most popular holiday resorts of the peninsula but also a special, medieval setting in the famous festival and events that are organized every summer in Sani.