The Church of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ the Savior is the most famous Byzantine monument of Veria, built in the early 14th century. According to its inscription, it was erected by Xenos Psalidas, and the inauguration took place in 1315. The Church was a Catholic Monastery, it has one room and a wooden roof, with a semi-hexagonal sanctuary niche and three entrances, one on each side. Later, a portico was added, which was rebuilt in the 1950s. It is also called the “Church of Christ” by the locals.
The church has rare, exceptional frescoes by the painter Georgios Kallergis, which were created during the constructions, with various bright colors and special precise designs as well as newer ones from 1326 and 1355. The painting decoration was completed with hagiographic compositions in 1727. The church is inside the sidewalk of Kontogeorgaki.