The Holy Monastery of the Transfiguration of the Savior at Moutsiali is part of the Skete of Veria and dates to the late 18th or early 19th century. It is located next to Aliakmonas, on the slopes of Pieria and the natural environment around it is amazing. It got its name from the toponym Moutsiali, which means "place with a lot of water", suffering damages from floodings of the river during its operation.
Since its foundation, the monastery was male and was transformed into a nunnery in 1946, remaining so to this day. Around that time, it was destroyed and the building experienced problems until the early 1980s, but it was rebuilt and today it operates in a very good condition. Only the katholikon is preserved from the old construction, a three-aisled basilica with wooden columns and a simple iconostasis. A piece from the right hand of Saint Symeon of Stylitis is kept in the monastery.