The nunnery of Agia Triada dates to 1865 and is in Edessa, in the area of Loggos, next to the archeological site, three kilometers from the city. The monastery was built on the ruins of an older church, which had been destroyed since the first years of Ottoman rule while the construction of the monastery was done at the expense of the inhabitants of the city. The church, which is a three-aisled basilica, has three impressive domes, the number of which symbolizes the Holy Trinity. In the area are the chapels of Agios Charalambos, Agios Grigorios of Palamas, Agia Sygklitiki and Agios Loukas Crimea of Neos Iatros. The monastery celebrates the feast of the Holy Spirit, when it receives many believers.