At the foot of Mount Olympus, three kilometers from Litochoro is the Holy Monastery of Agios Dionysios on Mount Olympus. This is the part of the old Monastery founded by Agios Dionysios, which was destroyed by the Nazis in 1943, so the monks founded the new monastery, not far from the first one, which still operates today. The relics of Agios Dionysios, part of the Holy Rood, icons of the 15th-19th century, and ecclesiastical relics of great historical and artistic value are kept in its sacristy.
Fifteen kilometers from the new monastery is preserved the cave where Agios Dionysios practiced. The Monastery follows the Mount Athos tradition and develops spiritual and charitable activity with all-day confessions and spiritual teachings, as well as dialogues, conferences, and all-night vigils. It is celebrated on the 23rd of January, on the feast of Agios Dionysios of Olympus, and on its premises, the feast of the Cross is celebrated every 14th of September.