The majestic Aristotelous Square is the most famous in Thessaloniki and with the elliptical shape of the buildings on its northern borders, it forms a landscape - a symbol for the city. Busy, noisy, "heart" of development and entertainment, it extends its grandeur to Thermaikos and is the largest outdoor area of the center. Aristotelous Street, which reaches north to the Roman Agora, is the backbone of Thessaloniki and on its sides, there are countless points of economic, commercial, recreational, and tourist activity.
Inspired by the French architect Ernest Hébrard, who had taken over the design of Thessaloniki after the huge fire of 1917, it was originally named "Alexander the Great Square". In the process, it took the name of its teacher and great ancient thinker, respecting its role as a key axis for the rebirth of the ruined city. The square is defined by Nikis and Mitropoleos streets, at the ends of which the magnificent buildings of "Olympion" and the hotel "Electra" dominate and map it uniquely, while the twelve buildings that surround it have been declared as protected.
Aristotle Square is the starting point for major destinations near it, such as Ladadika, the White Tower and the beach, the Port, the Roman Market to the north, and the Roman Palaces with the Arch and the Rotonda to the east. Aristotelous Street, which continues to the square above the Metropolis, is pedestrian and wide, allowing beautiful walks overlooking Thermaikos and between the shops, street musicians, cafes, and bars located along and around it. Shortly before the height of the beach, 1990, a statue of Aristotle has been placed.