More than a century after the fire of 1917 that destroyed most of the center of Thessaloniki, the area of "Ladadika" remains as a reminder of the city before the disaster. Its preserved, historic buildings and sidewalks were among the few areas that survived the disaster and remain in place to remind us of the architecture and atmosphere of the city in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Ladadika was declared a "historic site" in 1985, construction was banned at its borders, and with maintenance and promotion of its buildings appears today as one of the most beautiful corners of the city.
Intertwined in the modern era with entertainment, Ladadika hosts numerous entertainment venues (bars, clubs, cafes, music venues, and restaurants), which are connected by sidewalks, turning the night of residents and visitors into a beautiful, colorful exploration journey, among neoclassical buildings, the wooden chairs of the taverns, the lights of the shops. Ladadika is the name that came from the wholesale oil mainly that dominated next to the port, but the commercial character has changed, maintaining, and beautifying the splendor of Thessaloniki before it completely changed its appearance, in the 1920s.
Tsimiski Street is a border of distinction for "Upper Ladadika", an area that seems to follow in the footsteps of the southern district, hosting traditional shops, businesses, and entertainment venues that increase in number each year, expanding the area where one can drink, enjoy local or international cuisine, dance, be photographed in many backgrounds within a few meters where the scenery changes but remains enchanting, especially at night.