In the area where, according to tradition, the Apostle Paul passed in 50 AD. on the road to Veria and rested before continuing his journey, the Church of Saint Paul is a landmark in the homonymous district. The majestic church was built in the 1970s, at a point where the view of the city, the Aegean, and Mount Olympus is spectacular.
Next to it, there is the oldest, designed by the architect Xenophon Paionidis smaller church, which was built in 1922. The space, in the park "Gardens of Pasha", was granted in 1875, during the Turkish occupation, by the Greek community to the Philoptochos Brotherhood of Men Thessaloniki.